Kidz ‘N’ Roses
- Kidz N’ Roses presents: Roses Rock!
Roses Rock is a series of rose horticulture lessons offered free-of charge to children everywhere.
Click here to download an informational PowerPoint.
- Photo release form, authorizing that the American Rose Society is able to publish photographs taken of you, and your name, for use in the ARS’s printed publications and website.
Click here to download the pdf release form.
Click here to go to the educational resources page, where you’ll find printable worksheets and downloadable presentations.
Sample the Fall 2011 Young Rosarian Newsletter
Click here to be taken to the list of available coloring pages.
Click here to go to the Kidz N’ Roses video page.
Enter the 2013 Children’s Essay Contest
Contest contact: Beth Smiley, Publications Director & Managing Editor, beth[at]ars-hq[dot]org
All children ages 12 and younger may take part in the contest. They may use their own rose-related theme or choose one of the following:
- Why the Rose is America’s National Flower
- Why Roses Are the Symbol of Love, Friendship, Beauty and Peace
- Why I Love Roses
- Why My Parents or Grandparents Love Roses
- A fictional story about roses.
Entries may be accompanied by a drawing or painting. Essays should be no more than 400 words. The deadline for submitting entries is June 30, 2013. Entries must be accompanied by a separate page containing the following information:child’s name, age, school grade,parent’s name, address and parent’s phone number or e-mail address for notification of winners. This information must be included on a separate sheet of paper, not on the essay.
Entries should be mailed to:
American Rose Society
Children’s Essay Contest
P.O. Box 30000
Shreveport, LA 71130
Contest Contact: Beth Smiley, beth[at]ars-hq[dot]org