Come celebrate our 32nd Christmas in Roseland!
The American Rose Center is transformed into a whimsical winter wonderland from the day after Thanksgiving until the weekend before Christmas.
- Featuring thousands of twinkling lights, dozens of lighted displays, giant Christmas Cards to the Community, nightly entertainment, photos with Santa, rides on the Roseland Express train and tons of fun for the whole family!
- Don’t forget to visit the Gift Shop and our concession stand during your visit. Hot chocolate, corn dogs and funnel cake!
- Christmas in Roseland is a participant in the Holiday Trail of Lights tour!
Please note that Christmas in Roseland is a walking event only and no carts are available.
SANTA IS IN THE GARDEN:
- Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays Only from November 27 —December 20, 2015
- Special Encore Nights — Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday December 21-23, 2015
- Gates are open from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Last car admitted at 9:30 p.m.
Admission/Santa Photos/Roseland Express:
- $20 per carload or $5 per person — ages 2 and under get in free
- Buses: $50 per minibus (up to 25 people) and $100 per charter bus
- Group rates are available. Please call 938-5402 to make a group reservation.
- Photos with Santa are $10 per photo. Santa will be here from 6 – 9 pm.
No personal photography allowed. Tickets are available in the gift shop.
- Roseland Express Train tickets are $5 per person.
The track is a small circuit and does not go through the gardens. Tickets are available in the gift shop.
ROSELAND CHRISTMAS MARKET
We are proud to be hosting the Roseland Christmas Market! Local vendors will have their wares for sell. Do your Christmas shopping and see the lights! BUY LOCAL.
December 4-5 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Klima Visitor Center.
Seasons on the Hill
Man Made Soaps
Lavender Fairy Farm
At the Cross Gifts
Wired & Sassy, LLC
Just Ask Creations
Glory and Grace Splendid Tea Co
JC Wood Pens
Glamour Pets Photography
Usborne Books and More
Matilda Jane Clothing
A Garden Rocks
Different Duckling Bows and Crafts
Keeping You in Stitches
Two J Creations
Cajun Cottage Crafters
Face Painting by Lorrie
Premier Designs Jewelry
Mara Marks Designs
Black & White with a Touch of Color
Brickart By Jim
Sunday Best Designs
Designs by Jody
Totally Barkin’ Treats
ROSELAND CHRISTMAS MARKET – ATTRACTIONS NIGHT
We will have another Roseland Christmas Market, but this night is for local attrations. They will be giving away door prizes and selling passes! These make great stocking stuffers. Come out and meet some of the mascots.
December 11 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Klima Visitor Center.
American Rose Society
Shreveport-Bossier Tourism Bureau
Thank you to our sponsors and donors. This year we will be able to convert even more old lights to new LED lights. Last year we were able to convert 20,000 of our old lights with new LED lights.
CHRISTMAS CARDS TO THE COMMUNITY
CCC art program began 24 years ago to create a unique opportunity for highlighting the creative talents of local school students. We give participating schools a 4′x8′ piece of plywood to make their masterpiece on. The cards are judged by area artists and business people. Awards are given to First, Second and Third places in Elementary, Middle and High School divisions. A Best of Show is also awarded.
First – Fairfield Elementary Magnet
Second – Claiborne Elementary School
Third – Mooringsport Elementary School
First: Caddo Middle Magnet
Second: Youree Drive Middle School
Third: Shekinah Academy Homeschool Group
First: Calvary Baptist Academy
Second: Bossier High School
Third: Captain Shreve High School
Best of Show: Calvary Baptist Academy
This year will be our 2nd annual People’s Choice Award. Every visitor to Christmas in Roseland will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Christmas Card. The 2015 People’s Choice Award goes to Riverside Elementary School. This is second year in a row that they have been voted People’s Choice.
Thank you to our judges this year:
Bossier Arts Council
Norton Art Gallery
2014 CCC Participants
CHRISTMAS IN ROSELAND IS SEEKING PERFORMERS
Thirty-minute evening performance periods are available for:
- Musical groups
- Church choirs
- Bell choirs
- Clowns and/or puppet performers
- Dance groups.
To book your group or for more information, call Beth Smiley at 318-938-5402, or sign up online below.
Performers are given passes to enter free of charge.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Please sign up to volunteer at Christmas in Roseland.
- Photo Helper: assist photographer in posing guests having photo taken with Santa
- Entertainment Host: greet entertainers and guests in the Chapel; help with set up and timing
- CIR Phone Helper: answer phone inquiries about CIR
- Crosswalk Supervisor: OUTSIDE assist guests crossing roadway to insure safety
- Train Ticket Helper: OUTSIDE assist Train Engineer in loading passengers, measuring passengers and taking tickets