Come celebrate our 31st Christmas in Roseland!
The American Rose Center is transformed into a whimsical winter wonderland from the day after Thanksgiving until the weekend before Christmas. We have been named a Top 20 Event by the Southeast Tourism Society!
- Featuring thousands of twinkling lights, dozens of lighted displays, giant Christmas Cards to the Community, nightly entertainment, photos with Santa, rides on the Roseland Express train and tons of fun for the whole family!
- Don’t forget to visit the Gift Shop and our concession stand during your visit. Hot chocolate, corn dogs and funnel cake!
- Christmas in Roseland is a participant in the Holiday Trail of Lights tour!
Please note that Christmas in Roseland is a walking event only and no carts are available.
SANTA IS IN THE GARDEN:
- Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays Only from November 28 —December 21, 2014
- Special Encore Nights — Monday and Tuesday December 22-23, 2014
- Gates are open from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Last car admitted at 9:30 p.m.
- Admission/Santa Photos/Roseland Express:
- $20 per carload or $5 per person — ages 2 and under get in free
- Buses: $50 per minibus (up to 25 people) and $100 per charter bus
- Group rates are available. Please call 938-5402 to make a group reservation.
- Photos with Santa are $10 per photo. Santa will be here from 6 – 9 pm.
No personal photography allowed. Tickets are available in the gift shop.
- Roseland Express Train tickets are $5 per person.
The track is a small circuit and does not go through the gardens. Tickets are available in the gift shop.
- 40th Anniversary Special: get a carload in, a photo with Santa and unlimited rides on the Roseland Express Train!
FRIDAY FLASHING LIGHTS!
This year we will have the honor of hosting local police, fire and rescue units. Come out and see the flashing lights of police cars, ambulances, armored cars, hover crafts and more!
- November 28: Greenwood Police Department (confirmed)
- December 5: Bossier Fire Department (tentative)
- December 12: Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Department (confirmed)
- December 19: Caddo Parish Fire District 6 (confirmed)
Thank you to our sponsors and donors. We have been able to convert 20,000 of our old lights with new LED light. Last year we added more scenes for visitors to enjoy — an animated scene of penguins in a snowball fight, an 18-foot tall air dancer Santa Claus and a light projected snowstorm.
CHRISTMAS CARDS TO THE COMMUNITY
CCC art program began 23 years ago to create a unique opportunity for highlighting the creative talents of local school students. We give participating schools a 4′x8′ piece of plywood to make their masterpiece on. The cards are judged by area artists and business people. Awards are given to First, Second and Third places in Elementary, Middle and High School divisions. A Best of Show is also awarded. This year we are introducing the People’s Choice Award. Every visitor to Christmas in Roseland will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Christmas Card. We will announce the People’s Choice Award winner on December 19.
Thank you to our judges this year:
- Chelsea Graham, Manager of Midsouth Bank
- Robin Jones, Executive Director of the Bossier Arts Council
- Amy Olita, Graphic Designer for Gremillion & Pou
The scores are in and the winners have been chosen! We will announce the winners on Friday, November 21.
2014 CCC Participants
CHRISTMAS IN ROSELAND IS SEEKING PERFORMERS
Thirty-minute evening performance periods are available for:
- Musical groups
- Church choirs
- Bell choirs
- Clowns and/or puppet performers
- Dance groups.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Please sign up to volunteer at Christmas in Roseland.
- Photo Helper: assist photographer in posing guests having photo taken with Santa
- Art Exhibit Helper: greet guests and tell them about Yuhua’s art; supervise guests in the exhibit
- Entertainment Host: greet entertainers and guests in the Chapel; help with set up and timing
- CIR Phone Helper: answer phone inquiries about CIR
- Crosswalk Supervisor: OUTSIDE assist guests crossing roadway to insure safety
- Train Ticket Helper: OUTSIDE assist Train Engineer in loading passengers, measuring passengers and taking tickets
THANK YOU to our 2014 Sponsors
- AEP Swepco
- Down Home Meats
- Fire Tech Systems, Inc.
- Greenwood Chamber of Commerce Inc.
- Midsouth Bank
- Townsquare Media
- Heard, McElroy & Vestal
- Capital One
- Hercules Fence Company
- Louisiana Boardwalk
- Shreveport Bossier Convention and Tourism Bureau