Come celebrate our 32nd Christmas in Roseland!
The American Rose Center is transformed into a whimsical winter wonderland from the day after Thanksgiving until the weekend before Christmas. We have been named a Top 20 Event by the Southeast Tourism Society!
- Featuring thousands of twinkling lights, dozens of lighted displays, giant Christmas Cards to the Community, nightly entertainment, photos with Santa, rides on the Roseland Express train and tons of fun for the whole family!
- Don’t forget to visit the Gift Shop and our concession stand during your visit. Hot chocolate, corn dogs and funnel cake!
- Christmas in Roseland is a participant in the Holiday Trail of Lights tour!
Please note that Christmas in Roseland is a walking event only and no carts are available.
SANTA IS IN THE GARDEN:
- Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays Only from November 27 —December 20, 2015
- Special Encore Nights — Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday December 21-23, 2015
- Gates are open from 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Last car admitted at 9:30 p.m.
- Admission/Santa Photos/Roseland Express:
- $20 per carload or $5 per person — ages 2 and under get in free
- Buses: $50 per minibus (up to 25 people) and $100 per charter bus
- Group rates are available. Please call 938-5402 to make a group reservation.
- Photos with Santa are $10 per photo. Santa will be here from 6 – 9 pm.
No personal photography allowed. Tickets are available in the gift shop.
- Roseland Express Train tickets are $5 per person.
The track is a small circuit and does not go through the gardens. Tickets are available in the gift shop.
ROSELAND CHRISTMAS MARKET
We are proud to be hosting the Roseland Christmas Market! Local vendors will have their wares for sell. Do your Christmas shopping and see the lights! BUY LOCAL. If you are a vendor and are interested in renting booth space click here.
December 4 -5 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Klima Visitor Center.
Thank you to our sponsors and donors. This year we will be able to convert even more old lights to new LED lights. Last year we were able to convert 20,000 of our old lights with new LED lights. The previous year we added more scenes for visitors to enjoy — an animated scene of penguins in a snowball fight, an 18-foot tall air dancer Santa Claus and a light projected snowstorm.
CHRISTMAS CARDS TO THE COMMUNITY
CCC art program began 24 years ago to create a unique opportunity for highlighting the creative talents of local school students. We give participating schools a 4′x8′ piece of plywood to make their masterpiece on. The cards are judged by area artists and business people. Awards are given to First, Second and Third places in Elementary, Middle and High School divisions. A Best of Show is also awarded. This year we are introducing the People’s Choice Award. Every visitor to Christmas in Roseland will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Christmas Card. We will announce the People’s Choice Award winner on or before November 17.
Thank you to our judges this year:
2014 CCC Participants
CHRISTMAS IN ROSELAND IS SEEKING PERFORMERS
Thirty-minute evening performance periods are available for:
- Musical groups
- Church choirs
- Bell choirs
- Clowns and/or puppet performers
- Dance groups.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Please sign up to volunteer at Christmas in Roseland.
- Photo Helper: assist photographer in posing guests having photo taken with Santa
- Entertainment Host: greet entertainers and guests in the Chapel; help with set up and timing
- CIR Phone Helper: answer phone inquiries about CIR
- Crosswalk Supervisor: OUTSIDE assist guests crossing roadway to insure safety
- Train Ticket Helper: OUTSIDE assist Train Engineer in loading passengers, measuring passengers and taking tickets
THANK YOU to our 2014 Sponsors
- AEP Swepco
- Down Home Meats
- Fire Tech Systems, Inc.
- Greenwood Chamber of Commerce Inc.
- Midsouth Bank
- Townsquare Media
- Heard, McElroy & Vestal
- Capital One
- Hercules Fence Company
- Louisiana Boardwalk
- Shreveport Bossier Convention and Tourism Bureau