Master Rosarian Nomination Form 2014
Consulting Rosarians are among the most knowledgeable and active people in the American Rose Society. The ARS needs a well-motivated and educated group of CRs if the ARS is to continue to succeed in its mission. The Master Rosarian designation was created to recognize those CRs who have made outstanding contributions as CRs over a significant period of time.
The Master Rosarian (MR) is a Consulting Rosarian (CR) who:
- Exemplifies knowledge of roses and their culture.
- Shows a strong and demonstrated willingness to share this knowledge with other rosarians and the general public.
- Is a model of the ethical behavior exemplified in the CR program. The achievement of the Master Rosarian designation by a CR is intended to recognize their outstanding contribution.
- A minimum of 10 years consecutive service as an active CR.
- Outstanding performance (documented in the nomination form).
- Be an active accredited CR at the time of the nomination.
- A willingness to continue to serve as a CR.
Nomination, Selection, and Communication Process
- Announcements should be published in local society and district newsletters. The District Director and the local society presidents are responsible to make their memberships aware of the nomination and selection process. There are no limits to the number of yearly selections of MRs within a District. If there are questions about a nominee, the committee may request additional information from the author of the nomination or from the nominee themselves.
- A request for nominations will be announced by the ARS in the spring and complete rules and procedures will be sent to each District Chair for publication on their website and in the District and local newsletters.
- Nominations must be submitted on the official nomination form available from ARS HQ and on the ARS website. CRs may nominate themselves; be nominated by other ARS members; or by a committee of their local rose society or of the District. The form must be completed in its entirety. Special consideration should be made as to whether or not the RIR and District Annual (if required) report was filed.
- The completed nomination form should be sent to the CR Chair in each District. A committee consisting of the District CR Chair, the District Director, and at least one other person, will review the nominations and approve or not approve. The District CR Chair should serve as the chair of the committee and facilitate the process. Selections should be based on information provided in the nomination form and from personal knowledge of a candidate’s credentials.
- All nominations approved or not approved at the district level, will be forwarded to ARS HQ.
- The National CR Chair will review the decisions of the committee and announce the final selection. Disagreements regarding selections will be resolved by the National CR committee.
- Districts should acknowledge the new MRs at an appropriate district meeting in the fall or winter following selection. All MRs will be given the MR certificate available from ARS HQ. An optional MR pin is available for purchase. If there is no appropriate District meeting, the announcements can be made at the local society level.
- Local societies and Districts are encouraged to publicize the names of those who have achieved the Master Rosarian designation.
The nomination form should be filled out as completely as possible. It is understood that every question may not be relevant to each nominee, but a Master Rosarian should excel in at least several areas. Additional documentation is needed only if requested. If you are uncertain about the credentials of any nominee, ask the nominee themselves or someone who can help you. An incomplete nomination form weakens the overall nomination. A ‘yes’ response is not sufficient for those questions requiring an explanation.
Please continue with the form below and click ‘send’ upon completion.