Call for Nominations for
“Miniature and Miniflora Rose Hall of Fame”
Dr. Jim Hering, Chairman
ARS Miniature/Miniflora Rose Committee
The ARS Miniature and Miniflora Rose Hall of Fame honors miniature and miniflora roses that have stood the test of time in commerce for at least 20 years. Now, it is your opportunity to participate in this process by sending in your nomination(s), (five or less). A short list of the most popular miniature and miniflora roses that are 20 years or older can be found at the end of this article. Criteria for the Hall of Fame can be summarized as follows:
1. The variety must have been introduced at least 20 years prior to the year the award is given. Introduction date will verified by the latest edition of Modern Roses.
2. There can be multiple winners in any year.
3. Varieties for consideration are solicited from the general membership through an announcement in the American Rose magazine, on the ARS web-site, in the Miniature Rose Bulletin and in district and local bulletins. Nominations are to be sent by April 1, 2015 to:
Dr. Jim Hering
1050 Kingwood Drive
Marion, OH 43302
4. The Chairman of the Miniature/Miniflora Rose Committee will prepare the tabulations for selection by the full committee by ballot.
5. Formal announcement of the winner(s) will take place at the ARS National Miniature Rose Conference.
A BRIEF LIST OF ELIGIBLE MINIATURE & MINI-FLORA ROSES
For You Dad
Lights of Broadway
Over the Rainbow
Peaches ’n’ Cream
Something for Judy
Teddy Bear Tennessee
SOME ROSES ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS YEAR
Annie R. Mitchell
Lost in Paradise
Love ‘Ya Dad
Oh My Stars
Old Country Charm
River City Jubilee
Silk ‘n’ Satin
So in Love
Trick or Treat
The 2015 ARS National Spring and Miniature Rose Show and Conference will be held in Columbus, Ohio, June 12-14, 2015. Contact Brian Burley, 614-846-9404, bburley1092[at]yahoo[dot]com for information.